Friday, July 4, 2014

Novobeads Liberty Bell Charm Review

Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone is having a fun long weekend with friends and or family. I might even let my trollings stay up to watch fireworks. :)


In honor of the occasion I've been wearing a Red, White and Blue bracelet. Always fun to wear themed bracelets. It's the same one I made for Memorial Day with one small difference, I swapped the position of the Trollbeads White Stripe Bead with the Red Unique, so it would be Red, White and Blue as opposed to White Red and Blue. Okay, I know, I know, I'm being silly here.

Anyways, I thought this would be a great time to review the Novobeads Liberty Bell. The history of the Liberty Bell (Wiki) is actually quite interesting and turns out despite popular legends, the bell was not rung on July 4, 1776.

Novobeads Liberty Bell Philadelphia: "Proclaim LIBERTY throughout the land"
Novobeads Liberty Bell in comparison with the Real Liberty Bell

I really like this charm. The artist who designed this charm Marcella Rose did a great job capturing the likeness. I love the level of detail on it. I love seeing the bell clapper peeking out.

The bottom of the charm has the Novobeads logo on it and the 925 stamp denoting sterling silver.

Dimensions: 10 mm wide (along the bracelet), 10 mm deep, 14 mm high

From the pictures you can see that the side holes are not circular but more oval shape.
The side hole is about 4.5 mm wide and 5 mm high

The bottom hole is approximately 4 mm in diameter.
Novobeads Liberty Bell Novobeads Liberty Bell Novobeads Liberty Bell
Right view Left view Bottom view
Novobeads Liberty Bell
Back view

Novobeads Liberty Bell
Front and side view


Pro: Large diameter hole making it compatible with other competing charm bracelets.

Pro: It was a lovely surprise to discover that this is a 3 hole charm. Which means, it can be used as a splitter in a necklace. I don't own a Trollbeads Fantasy Necklace or other specialty necklaces meant for charms, but just used a regular chain with a spring clasp.

Novobeads Citron Mini CZ, Grooved Anchor Slide, Liberty Bell, Hushed Forest Mini CZ

From left to right:
Novobeads Citron Mini CZ
Novobeads Grooved Anchor Slide
Novobeads Liberty Bell
Piece of bracelet that had broken off
Novobeads Grooved Anchor Slide
Novobeads Hushed Forest Mini CZ


Novobeads Indigo Horizon Mini CZ, Trollbeads White Strip, Novobeads Liberty Bell
Reusing the picture I took over Memorial Day Weekend


Conclusion: Highly recommend this charm. I think it is just lovely and a fantastic representation of the Liberty Bell. I also like how versatile it is in that it can be used as a splitter bead. Definitely a good addition for those building a patriotic (USA) themed bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment