Friday, April 24, 2015

Violas and Pansies

Hot on the heels of Earth day comes Arbor Day. In the past at work, we have gotten pine tree seedlings. This year, we got violas and pansies. Not trees, but I think it is still in the spirit of Arbor Day.


According to Wikipedia for the first Arbor Day:
The priest don Ramón Vacas Roxo, which, according to the chronicles, convinced of the importance of trees for health, hygiene, decoration, nature, environment and customs, decides to plant trees and give a festive air.
I'd have to say that the violas and pansies are quite beautifully decorative, don't you?

Trollbeads Fantasy Butterfly, Trollbeads Translucent Flower, Novobeads Pine Cone
From left to right:
Small silver stopper ("homemade") 
Trollbeads Fantasy Butterfly
Trollbeads Translucent Flower
Novobeads Pine Cone
Small silver stopper ("homemade") 

This bracelet was thrown together just this morning as I was getting dressed for work. I knew I wanted my Translucent Flower, and it quickly attracted a butterfly. I could pretend to be clever and say that the pine cone is a nod to the previous pine tree seedlings we've gotten, but reality is that I thought it looked pretty there. I only thought of the connection to the pine tree seedlings after I sat down and starting writing this post. How very serendipitous.

Happy Arbor Day!

1 comment:

  1. This is something very special you collect. Really, i mean when you look at the color of this braclet. wow, something very bold and stunning view of purple. Happy Arbor Day!

    ReplyDelete