Friday, April 3, 2015

My First Faerybeads

A couple of days ago, I got my very first Faerybeads. A Faerybead Leopard Lock and a beautiful Findë bracelet chain. I thought it would be fun to take a picture of the contents of my package as shown below.


1) Leopard Lock showcased in a white box with light teal ribbon
2) Findë bracelet chain in a white pouch
3) 5 beautiful "Thank You and Care of Faerybeads" cards and a Hagerty Mini Silver Cloth that came in a white envelope sealed with the Faerybeads logo.
4) White pouch of 4 Hopjes sweets (Dutch sweets with slight coffee and caramel flavor)

Number 3 and 4 were a fun unexpected surprise. I'm currently enjoying one of the sweets while writing this post.
Faerybeads Package Contents

I first heard about Faerybeads from the Beadthrilled forum and oohed and aahed over the beauties. I finally bought my first pieces when I fell head over hills in love with their Leopard Lock. The level of detail is amazing and it honestly doesn't even look like a lock. It's a statement piece!


My Faerybeads Leopard Lock

The Findë bracelet chain was on my wish-list and I back-ordered it when I pre-ordered the Leopard Lock. I was very happy to receive them both together. I had been having a hard time being patient, which got worse when I got the shipping confirmation and tracking number. Intellectually I knew it would take a while (my beauties had to travel all the way from Holland to the United States after all), but emotionally I was tapping my feet.

Faerybeads Findë bracelet chain
My Faerybeads Findë bracelet chain

So here I am keeping things simple. Just two beads for my leopard to guard. I think she is happy in her new home.
What do you think?

Faerybeads bracelet
Faerybeads Findë Bracelet
Small silver stopper ("homemade") 
Novobeads Bronzed Pearl
Small silver stopper ("homemade") 
Faerybeads Leopard Lock
Novobeads Tortoiseshell Amber
Small silver stopper ("homemade")  

4 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about the little sweets that Faerybeads includes in their packages! I remember them being tasty, though :)

    It is amazing the amount of detail that Sita is able to get into her pieces. And you have certainly done the lock justice with your beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the detail is fantastic! And the lock mechanisms are so cleverly hidden too. It took me a few seconds to figure out how where the catches were. :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful bracelet and lock - stunning!

    Mars xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mars! I'll have to admit, this treasure makes me feel a little like Gollum, "My preciousss..."

      Delete