Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Jelly Bean Bracelet

Today is Earth Day and National Jelly Bean Day. At work we celebrated this day by handing out jelly beans and having a lucky drawing for reusable lunch bags, LED bulbs and a Smart Power Strip (automatically shuts off when not in use).

Don't worry the cups containing the jelly beans are meant to be reused for future treats, to reduce packaging waste.


I thought it would be fun to design a Jelly Bean bracelet. I got this idea from a BeadThrilled forum member who had a beautiful bracelet inspired by Jelly Beans.

Jelly Bean Bracelet
Beads clockwise starting from Novobeads Nautilus Clasp
Novobeads Safety Chain
Novobeads Grooved Anchor Slide
Trollbeads Purple Wave
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Key Lime Mini CZ*
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Trollbeads Red Symmetry
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Tropical Ice Mini CZ*
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Lemon Drop Pebble
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Pink Lemonade Mini CZ*
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Trollbeads Unique
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Blueberry Mini CZ*
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Trollbeads Universal Unique
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
Novobeads Grapefruit Mini CZ*
Small silver stopper ("homemade")
 Trollbeads Turquoise Armadillo
Novobeads Grooved Anchor Slide

Disclosure: I was not given any gold for writing this post. I did however receive samples of the beads marked with * (Novobeads Fruit Punch Mini CZ Bundle). Everything else I either looted off mobs or bought with my own gold.

Jelly Bean Bracelet
It was nice to indulge in some treats while working.
Happy Earth Day and National Jelly Bean Day!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delish - the bracelet and the jellybeans! :D

    I knew it was Earth day (although I forgot until just before lunch) but I didn't know it was National Jelly bean day until it was too late to indulge. I will be sure to remember next year though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still enjoying them. I tend to savor my jelly beans. Mmmm...

      Delete
  2. Yep still getting the must check novobeads out lol, great bracelet I really like the colours!

    What are you using for your small silver stopper? They looks really pretty, I do like repeating beads/stoppers on a bracelet, especially when you use bright colours :)

    Mars xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put together the small silver stoppers by buying some sterling silver spacers and clear silicone o rings from Amazon. I wanted stoppers that were unobtrusive as I generally prefer to space out my beads and the price doing it this way is very reasonable. The spacers have a groove which allows the o rings to fit nicely into. Granted the o rings can slip out again, so when sliding it on the bracelet you need to go a little slower.

      Search for "sterling silver spacer" (7mm diameter) and "silicone stopper bead"(6mm x2 mm) on Amazon and you should be able to find it. The measurements are to show which ones I bought.

      Delete